12 Apr 2010

400th Post and other stuff

Go me! I can't believe I've had so much to say.

While my mother was visiting, we started playing around with potty training and Enya began to show a real interest in it. Now don't get me wrong, we aren't talking miracles, we were just happy that she was wanting to sit on the potty for longer than the 5 sec we'd been managing up to then. However this morning we had a minor breakthrough- after Ciara had sat on the potty, Enya asked to sit on it too, so after duly stripping her off, onto the potty she went and then she PEED. She asked to go on the potty and then performed! Last night she peed on the potty as well but that was just lucky timing- we were getting them ready for bed and sat her on the potty before putting on a fresh nappy. This has really raised my hopes that we WILL get both girls potty trained before they start kindergarten in August. Ciara has also accidently gone once on the potty, unfortunately though she remains quite uninterested in the whole potty thing.

Now I just need the weather to warm up a bit so I can start putting the girls into dresses or shorts and make the getting to the loo in a rush a whole lot easier!

No comments: