27 Jan 2010

Kur

I'm feeling excited and a little bit nervous, in less than 2 weeks I'm going for away for 3 weeks on a mother child "Kur". Basically it's a 3 week break from the everyday stresses, in a clinic that specializes in preemies and their exhausted mothers. I've been running on empty for a while now and my GP agreed this would be a good start to getting me fit to go back to work in 6 months time (Have I mentioned C and E start Kindergarten at the beginning of August).

The girls come with and will also be patients, the only treatment I'm sure that they will be getting is individual play therapy sessions (here they share their sessions with each other). Unfortunately they don't have a speech therapist on staff although they have said they will get a nutritionist to speak to me instead, to give me ideas how to help Enya progress with her eating. There is also child care there which means that they will be getting their first exposure to playing with other children without a parent being present. Good preparation for Kindergarten!

On my side I have no idea what treatments are being lined up for me although massage and a preemie support group have been mentioned. I'm just looking forward to having a bit of downtime. The clinic is based in the German Alps and Z will be coming down for at least the last 2 weeks so that he too can get away from it all briefly. Maybe we will even get to do a bit of hill walking together, something we haven't managed to do together since my pregnancy. I do miss having alone time with Z and I think our marriage suffers because of it too!

In the meantime I've started writing a new packing list so I don't forget anything essential and am now counting the days until our Kur starts.

No comments: